Tuesday, May 10, 2011

WELCOME TO MY NEW BEGINNING

Since I have started a new chapter of my life, I decided to start a new blog.  I want to take a moment to share about the roller coaster that has been my life.

On March 8, 2011, in dramatic fashion, my sweet Emily Grace was born.  She came 9 weeks early and weighed in at 2 lbs, 8 oz and was 14.5 in. long.....and perfect!  She spent the first 5 1/2 weeks of her life in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit.  David and I were so blessed that she has never been sick, she was just itty bitty and needed a little help maintaining her body temperature and eating from a bottle.   She has been home now for a few weeks and is doing amazingly.  She doesn't cry much, she is just such a lover.  She melts my heart every time I see her.

Emily is 9 weeks old today, but I just have to share some pictures my awesome friend Christy Goetz took of her when she was 6 weeks old (when she weighed 4 lbs, 8 oz).
During my pregnancy, I was so lucky that I had severe pre-eclampsia which led to her being born 9 weeks early.  The reason I say that I was lucky is because my mom passed away 8 days after Emily was born.  It was completely unexpected and had we not gone through everything we went through, my mom would not have gotten to meet her beautiful grandbaby.  She was able to be with me the night Emily was born and also a few days later she was there when the nurses finally let me hold her for the first time.  It was a magical and final moment that God allowed me to have with my mom that I will cherish forever. 
These pictures were taken at my wedding a little over a year a half ago (also by the fabulous Christy Goetz). 

God is good, even when it hurts.  I thank God everyday for the good and the bad, and everyday God is ready to show me something glorious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment