Thursday, June 23, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Sunday was of course Father's Day.  What a day!  I was honored to be able to celebrate with the most important men in my life. 

We celebrated David's 1st Father's Day.  This has been the best year of our lives.  He is just as great of a Daddy as I always knew he would be.  There is no doubt that Emily is a "Daddy's Girl" through and through.  We have talked about how true it is about your world changing the moment you become a parent.  Our love for her grows every day!

Onto my own Daddy!  My dad and I have never been closer.  This has been the worst year of our lives and through it all he has been gentle, strong and vulnerable all at the same time.  I love how active he has been in my life and how much he adores Emily.  I am so blessed to call him Dad.   

I can't wait to celebrate them again next year!!

Here is a recap in of our Father's Day weekend:

After going to the movies to see the Green Lantern, Dad, Jason, David, Emily and I went to Bobby Q's.  It was delicious.  
 
Sunday morning Dad, David, Emily and I went to Church.  We go to Radiant Church in Surprise and LOVE IT!!!  I have never connected with a church so much!
 
 
 
Radiant was hosting a Father's Day Carshow.  So after church we walked around and looked at cars.  Emily entertained herself by licking her blanket.  Not sure what that's about...but I thought it was amusing.
 
Then we all went over to Dad's house for a cookout.  Emily got a chance to cuddle with Uncle J.
I think Ted thought if he acted obnoxious every time I tried to take a picture of him, that I wouldn't actually post it.  Ooops!  The shirt he is wearing was my mom's favorite of his.  She called it his "pumpkin shirt".
 This is Reggie.  He recently went to the groomers..they went a little overboard.  His fur has never been so short, especially on his face and tail.  He looks like a completely different puppy to us.  Still cute though!
Emily's first Father's Day gifts to her Daddy.  I didn't have any wrapping paper, so I printed out some "Pattern Pieces" I fell in love with on Sprik Space's Blog and wrapped it up.  I thought they came out cute. 
 Emily watched her Daddy intently as he read the card to her.
Whew! What an exhausting day of cute-ness, cuddles and cars.  The princess took a little nap before we headed home.


2 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea, Heather! I love it!! :) Shared this on the Sprik Space FB page today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! You *might* want to come and check out my blog today! :) hint hint...nudge nudge :)

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete